We have great news to share with you:
"WE GOT OUR TRAVEL DATE - YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This past Friday we got "the call" at 5pm, that we are required to be at the ICBF'S office in Medellin Colombia at 8:30am on Monday 2/26. Yes, that is only 3 weeks from now - YIKES!!!
That is the actual "Dia de la Entrega" or as we in the adoption world like to call it: "GOTCHA" day. We will meet & "GET" our daughters during that appointment and they will already go back to the hotel with us!
Needless to say, we are filled with joy and excitement right now and overwhelmed by all we "Still" need to do within the next 3 weeks. Please pray that:
- We will be able to do all that we need to do these next 3 weeks and that the Lord will continue to provide for all that we will need to bring our daughters home.
- That Michael gets better from the flu (he's been in bed all weekend) and now I'm fighting it too! :<(
- Most importantly, pray for our precious little daughters, that their hearts can be comforted and prepared as we read that they are thrilled to be adopted and that they now will have a "Forever Family", but they are already experiencing sorrow over having to say goodbye to their foster family, who they have come to love & trust - Oh, our hearts ache for our little ones & all they have to go through!!!
OK, as you can imagine, things will be pretty busy over here for the next 3 weeks, so any news or updates from now on will probably go directly on our blog, rather than email. Please note that while in Colombia, we will continue to post on our blog (for this will all be part of our daughters journal), so you may continue to follow our journey, praying for us and communicating with all 5 of us through the "Comments" spot of the blog!
Thank you again for all your love & support!
Sharon & Michael
*** We will also add some of your encouraging emails to the "Comments" section of blog to keep for our girls journal!!!

5 comments:
Hey Sharitia:
Looks like you got an early Birthday present!!! I am so happy and I know you have many things to do before the 26th. What a blessing. Happy Birthday...
I hope MIchael & you kick this flu bug really fast so you can get everything done. I am hoping you still plan a layover in Miami on your way home so I can see the girls and also see you.
My heart is filled with JOY at the news that the date has been set and this is now REAL.
God is so good......your faith in filling the closets and putting all their clothes in there and their pictures all over your house. God honored your faith.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY and welcome to the wild and crazy world of motherhood.
With Much Love,
Chrystal
PS: Michael.....welcome to fatherhood...you will have 3 "daddies girls"!!!! In some ways, Mom cannot compete. I know that Christian loves his daddy...but he is really mommy's boy.
And to think that I wanted a daughter instead of a son.....silly me!!!
Hugs!!!!!
Olá Sharon:
Parabéns pelos 3 filhos que vocês vão adotar.
Deus os capacite nessa missão de pais.
Deus abençõe sua nova família.
Beijos em você e Michael.
Nália e Riso
Hurrah!!!!
Sue
Oh how I know what you are feeling right now. Let me know if I can be of any help to you in your plans. All I can say is been there and done that and I am SO ELATED FOR YOU.
God Speed!
Ralene
My Dear Sharon,
First of all I pray that Michael is feeling much better of his virus or flu. And now, I want to say that when I read your e-mail I had goose pumps and tears just to think of God´s promises which are for ever true... I knew that some day, just like He blessed Abraham and Sarah, He also would fulfil His loving promise and make you and Michinhos PARENTS, too. All the glroy, honor and praise be to his glorious and Holy Name.
Now, beloved one, there is nothing to be TERRIFIED of, for He will guide and direct you both in the nurture and admonition of the Lord in bringing up these three precious vessels of mercy in His ways. it is His mercy unto these children that they will be brought up in a loving and godly home, and although we are imprefect, we do have the fear of God in our hearts and lives, and they will know true and deep love from all their new family, and from those which sorround us, as well.
Needless to tell you and Michael, you both and Catalina, Patrícia and Daniela have been prayed for many, many times by many of the saints here, both at the CEAPE, as also in the Church in Manaus, and even in Venezuela.... And also our family here in Manaus are also praying for you and for God´s leading and final decision on this very important matter: to have these children as your own and also for wisdom how to bring them up.
I have all confidence that He will guide and direct you and Michael to be the most wonderful and loving parents that they could ever know and have for the rest of their lives. I thank our God Who has done all things well EBENEZER! Hitherto Has the Lord Helped us!!!
The greater and most important part is now completed.... the rest is only nothing at all... I can hardly wait to hug ALL OF YOU not only you and Michael, but my three new grand-children, too. All my heart of eternal gratitude goes to our loving and most merciful God.
Mom and Dad Sharon and Michael. How very, very, very, very wondeful.... It is like a marvellous dream.. I am sooooooooooooo happy for both of you, and for myself, too Hallelujah!!! I will try my very best to help you in all that I can, and will stay to help you at the beginning to cook, and to love my grand-children from the bottom of my heart. As I write you this I am filled with deep emotion. Glory to God.... And then, when you arrive, I will be at the airport to meet all of you ...as you may know, you both are continually in my heart and in my prayers.
May the Lord supply you of all that you need in great abundance.
My love and prayrers,
Mamãe.
Post a Comment