Wednesday, February 28, 2007

GETTING TO KNOW MY GIRLS HEARTS!!!




A few more interesting things to share:


- While we were sitting by the pool eating lunch yesterday, Michael was quiet for a while and Catalina (who we noticed to be extremely sensitive) asked me: Mami, is Papi happy? then I told her to ask him directly, she did but added: Papi are you happy? are you happy with us & that you chose us? Oh boy, he almost lost it crying his heart out and gave her a huge hug telling her that of all the little girls in the entire world, they were the ones God wanted for us as our daughters and that the love we feel for them is soooooooooooooooooooooooo big you couldn't even fit it in the swimming pool (boy was she happy to hear that)!


- I was brushing Catalina's hair yesterday and she said: Mami take a look in the mirror, don't you think we look so much alike? I said of course we do, you are my daughter and I am your mother, she started to beam. Michael and I were thrilled to hear her say that, for it means she is starting to "Claim us" a very healthy thing for them to do sooner or latter.


- Tonight, while we were having dinner Patricia asked me: Mami are you ever going to die? then when I asked her why she was asking the question she said: well, if you die who is going to take care of me like you do? Men I had to use all my strength to hold it together at the restaurant.


- We were browsing through our photos together and there were some really bad ones of Michael and I, so I jokingly said: "feia" the word for ugly and immediately Daniela got upset and said: Don't say that, you are my Mami & Papi and you are "Lindos" - Beautiful!!!


- As far as the girls temperaments go, we have found Patricia to be a real "Ham," she is the little actor & comedian. She has lots of energy. Catalina is very delicate, unfortunately, she was the one that suffered the most neglect and besides being quite little, she gets tired really easily and when we took them out for a walk today she told me she loves to walk, but always gets tired fast, she does not have much energy, but I have her on some really good multi-vitamins, which she loves because of the taste. Daniela is the "real baby," she is so tiny and loves to whine and pout. She was a bit quiet the first day (which we understood due to her bond with her foster Mom), but today she started being her "old self" again talking like a little trooper (which is awesome, for her paperwork states that she is the most verbal of the 3).


- Oh yes, one last thing: tonight when we took them out to dinner, they wanted "arroz con pollo," (chicken with rice) and they enjoyed it tremendously (although they are tiny eaters). While eating dinner, Catalina's fork fell on her plate and she spilled a little bit of food on her lap & floor, all of a sudden her face turned red and she whispered to me: "Mami, can you get me a broom quickly so I can clean it up really quick, so the man in the restaurant won't scream at me"? Oh how my heart just ached for that precious little one when she said that, thinking of all the things I still don't know that may have happened, to cause such fear. Oh what a blessing to know that she is finally safe now and that no one for as long as we live will ever harm her and of course the Lord watches over my little girl!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon & Michael:

I read through all the experiences you've been through since touching down in Colombia...you both have had quite an emotional adventure!

It is 1:30 AM so I will make this short and sweet.

I was soooooooo thrilled to see the pics of the 5 of your together. FINALLY!!!! It is a joy beyond words to see you all together there....and the joy on the girls faces is very clear. It seems the acceptance & bonding of your hearts together is progressing very quickly....Praise the Precious Name of the Lord!!!!

I am looking forward to our time together as you pass through Miami on your way to Michigan. I cannot WAIT to see your daughters in person. I just need to make sure my hugs are extra soft.....and not my "normal" hug! Tell your daughters that their Florida relatives (Kely & Crew and Chrystal & Crew) are looking forward to seeing them REAL SOON! We are counting the days!!!

I will close for now. May God continue to provide all you need in terms of protection, wisdom and the knitting of your hearts together as one.

And one last comment: Your daughters are BEAUTIFUL! Tell them that....and also tell them that the very best things in life are given by God and they often come as a surprise when they least expect it!!!!! And their new life with you & Michael is just that type of unexpected blessing and surprise.

Love,

Chrystal

Anonymous said...

Hello to the Perry FAMILY!!! We are so excited and watch the web site throughout the day. We passing your post to the family here and Grandma Perry is just beside herself waiting for pictures. Tell the girls that their family here is just about jumping up down in excitement. The girls cousin, Chelsea is especially excited. Saying that her and the girls are going to be best buds and she'll be their favorite cousin ( SNAP - OH DOUBLE SNAP !! )That is what she said. So let the girls know they have family up here that loves them very MUCH, almost enough to fill a pool. Uncle Stan, Auntie Judy, Cousin Jill and Chelsea.

Anonymous said...

Omigoodness. The first pictures of your girls (before you met them), they were gorgeous. But NOW, to see them with you, and SMILING??? I have goosebumps. This adoption story, this union of a family, fills me with SO much joy and absolute faith and amazement. I cannot express how happy I am for you five.

Thank you for sharing your story with me...truly, I am honored and humbled.

And, I see that Nora is your attorney!! Say Hola from La Familia Newman! :) She was our attorney for both Jacob and Sara and my goodness...she's a worker, a true blessing.

Much love,
Michelle Newman

Catherine said...

It is so wonderful to hear how well all of you are doing! It's great to hear how well prepared they were by phsychologists (sp?) and more imporantly our Heavenly Father. The adjustment is just beginning but it's beginning in such a positive way! How hard to read about Catalina's response when the rice was spilled. They're safe now in mommy and daddy's arms, it's just going to take time for them to learn just what a wonderful, safe place that is to be.

Love the picture near the pool! Such happiness in everyone's eyes!

Blessings Sharon and Michael!

Nancy said...

Sharon & Michael,
Thank you soooooo much for sharing all of this with us! We received your letter the other day and have been following your journey ever since. The girls are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and your photos of "happiness" have really touched our hearts! You are ALL in our thoughts and prayers. We look forward to checking the updates daily! Thanks again for sharing your joy with us!
Mike & Nancy Parslow

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon & Michael:

Just a quick note to let you know I saw the new pictures posted since my last comment and I am enjoying seeing the JOY! Keep those pics and updates coming...although I know you are very busy.

What day will Michael be passing through Miami again? Send me an e-mail and let me know all the specifics (Airline, Flight #, Date, Arrival Time @ MIA, etc.)

XXX & OOO

Chrystal